➹reading: the death cure
I’m not very knowledgable on this topic, I’m afraid. I’d recommend that you maybe talk to someone who has/has had depression for better advice, or maybe an advice blog like fairysharkmother (though they might take a while to respond).
The thing is, if he doesn’t want to talk about it, he’s not going to talk about. So if he tells you to back off- respect his space and back off. Let him know you’re there for him and you’re available if he ever wants to talk about things with you- but leave the choice to him. Just try to be supportive and let him decide when/if he feels ready to talk about it.
I’ll ask people to add to this, so please check the notes nonny!
Any followers with experience with depression or mental illness or who have been in similar situations- please can you chip in and give this anon some advice by reblogging this post and adding to it? I’d really really appreciate it- thank you! xx
Reblogging again so more people see this. Can anyone add any advice? Thank you.
who cares about coachella if i wanted to be surrounded by loud racists i could visit my extended family
- Joan has Gregson on speed dial for when Sherlock’s bored. Gregson has a personalised ringtone for her.
- Bell and Joan go out to drink at the same bar every now and then until the regular bartender thinks they’re dating and makes jokes. Joan replies with snarky “he wishes” kind of comments, which Bell enjoys.
- Sherlock wants to get an octopus but he doesn’t want it to eat anything important. He’s still very interested in the properties of their ink though.
- Joan’s favourite food is Sherlock’s homemade honey on toast with real block butter. Not that spreadable stuff that Sherlock slathers on his food.
- Joan cooks for herself and occasionally Sherlock, who turns his nose up at it while it’s being made but always manages to eat seconds or thirds.
- Joan doesn’t enjoy Chinese take out as much as she wishes she did. They usually get an Indian.
- Sherlock talks in his sleep if he’s not on a case. Joan finds these conversations with himself very interesting, if she’s awake. But Sherlock usually falls asleep at 4am and sleeps until 3, so it’s very likely she is.
- Sherlock’s father has signed Brownstone over to Sherlock and Joan. It’s their house now. It’ll never be renovated unless they chose for it to be.
- Mycroft comes around sometimes, and always insists on doing the cooking. Especially if it’s breakfast.
- Bell and Sherlock get on quite well but if you bring up the shooting Bell punches you. One time an off duty cop went to hospital. No charges were filed.
- Joan has been dumped for her out and out calling out of sexism and racism. She doesn’t care. She’s happy to do it, it’s just a shame those people couldn’t appreciate her while they had her.
Goodbye you wont be missed
what racist blog what? what is happening?
This one here, it kind of caught me at a bad moment so I’m venting over it more than I usually would be x
at least that racist blog has only 2 pages
I feel that as long as it remains a gift there’s not a problem. I’d only have a problem if they started randomly wearing it. Accepting the gift isn’t participating in cultural appropriation IMO, only wearing it would be.
This is very true nonny, sorry I didn’t mention this bit! xx
How to compare something to the holocaust:
Joking about marginalized groups doesn’t satirize their oppression. It perpetuates it. Stop.